Sumner High School
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 229 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 10:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Graduation Rate: 55-59% (Btm 50% in MO)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: ≤5% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: ≤5% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MO Dept. of Education
Sumner High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Sumner High School's ranking?
Sumner High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for: Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%) and Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤5% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MO state average), while ≤5% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% MO state average).
What is the graduation rate of Sumner High School?
The graduation rate of Sumner High School is 55-59%, which is lower than the Missouri state average of 90%.
How many students attend Sumner High School?
229 students attend Sumner High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
97% of Sumner High School students are Black, 2% of students are White, and 1% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Sumner High School?
Sumner High School has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the Missouri state average of 13:1.
What grades does Sumner High School offer ?
Sumner High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Sumner High School part of?
Sumner High School is part of St. Louis City School District.
Review Sumner High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities