Superior Junior High School
- Superior Junior High School's student population of 58 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has declined by 40% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Superior Junior High School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1734 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Superior Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Superior Cvit - Superior High School Grades: 9-12
100 Mary Drive
Superior, AZ 85273
(520)689-3112 0.0 9-12 n/a
- Superior John F Kennedy School Grades: PK-6 | 203 students
1500 Sunset Dr
Superior, AZ 85273
(520)689-3050 0.1 PK-6 203
- Miami Cvit - Miami High School Grades: 9-12
4635 E. Ragus Rd.
Miami, AZ 85539
(928)425-3271 18.4 9-12 n/a
- Kearny Ray Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 209 students
651 Sen. Chastain Dr.
Kearny, AZ 85137
(520)363-5515 18.9 PK-6 209
- Globe Cvit - Globe High School Grades: 9-12
455 North Willow Street
Globe, AZ 85501
(928)402-6011 20.3 9-12 n/a
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.