Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 712 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 25:1
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 14% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 22% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Suva Intermediate ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Suva Intermediate's ranking?
Suva Intermediate ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
14% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 22% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Suva Intermediate?
712 students attend Suva Intermediate.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
98% of Suva Intermediate students are Hispanic, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Suva Intermediate?
Suva Intermediate has a student ration of 25:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Suva Intermediate offer ?
Suva Intermediate offers enrollment in grades 6-8
What school district is Suva Intermediate part of?
Suva Intermediate is part of Montebello Unified School District.
Review Suva Intermediate. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities