Sycamore Creek Elementary School
Sycamore Creek Elementary School serves 590 students in grades Kindergarten-4.
Sycamore Creek Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Ohio for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 90% (which is higher than the Ohio state average of 63%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 83% (which is higher than the Ohio state average of 64%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Ohio state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the Ohio state average of 30% (majority Black).
Sycamore Creek Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Sycamore Creek Elementary School's student population of 590 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Sycamore Creek Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,233 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Sycamore Creek Elementary School is 0.53, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.48. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (OH)
Overall Testing Rank
#276 out of 3233 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, OH Dept. of Education
Review Sycamore Creek Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
How to Earn Your Associate’s Degree Before Graduating from High School
Earn your associate's degree - or credit towards a bachelor's degree - before you earn your high school diploma. Learn about early college high schools and how they can help you jumpstart your higher education.
The Best High School Classes for Collegiate Success
Learn which classes can best help students prepare for college.
Technology in Public Schools
Learn how technology is being implemented and funded in public schools.