Sydnor Jennings Elementary School
Sydnor Jennings Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Sydnor Jennings Elementary School's student population of 222 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sydnor Jennings Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1411 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||HALIFAX CO PBLC SCHS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nathalie Meadville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 175 students
1011 Meadville School Loop
Nathalie, VA 24577
(434)349-1012 6.3 PK-5 175
- Gretna Mount Airy Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 199 students
100 Mt Airy Elementary Cir
Gretna, VA 24557
(434)335-5291 9.2 PK-5 199
- Brookneal Brookneal Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 369 students
133 Charlotte St.
Brookneal, VA 24528
(434)376-2042 9.6 PK-5 369
- Scottsburg Clays Mill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 162 students
1011 Clays Mill School Dr
Scottsburg, VA 24589
(434)476-3022 10.3 PK-5 162
- Halifax Sinai Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 243 students
1011 Sinai Elementary Drive
Halifax, VA 24558
(434)476-6193 12.1 PK-5 243
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.