T.c. Williams High School
- T.c. Williams High School's student population of 3,963 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 330 teachers has grown by 29% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||3,963 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||330 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- T.c. Williams High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1287 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alexandria City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria Douglas Macarthur Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 734 students
1101 Janneys Ln
Alexandria, VA 22302
(703) 461-4190 0.7 PK-5 734
- Arlington Abingdon Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 655 students
3035 S Abingdon St
Arlington, VA 22206
(703) 228-6650 1.1 PK-5 655
- Alexandria Charles Barrett Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 503 students
1115 Martha Custis Dr
Alexandria, VA 22302
(703) 824-6960 1.2 PK-5 503
- Alexandria Francis C. Hammond Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,424 student
4646 Seminary Road
Alexandria, VA 22304
(703) 461-4100 1.3 6-8 1,424
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.