T.h.e Leadership Academy serves 615 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
T.h.e Leadership Academy placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 82% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 615 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1
- Minority Enrollment: 82%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
T.h.e Leadership Academy ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
T.h.e Leadership Academy's student population of 615 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
T.h.e Leadership Academy is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of T.h.e Leadership Academy is 0.50, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#840 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is T.h.e Leadership Academy's ranking?
T.h.e Leadership Academy is ranked #840 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in California.
What schools are T.h.e Leadership Academy often compared to?
T.h.e Leadership Academyis often viewed alongside schools like Alamosa Park Elementary School, Casita Center For Science/math/technology by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend T.h.e Leadership Academy?
615 students attend T.h.e Leadership Academy.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
68% of T.h.e Leadership Academy students are Hispanic, 18% of students are White, 8% of students are Two or more races, 4% of students are Asian, 1% of students are Black, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of T.h.e Leadership Academy?
T.h.e Leadership Academy has a student ration of 23:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does T.h.e Leadership Academy offer ?
T.h.e Leadership Academy offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is T.h.e Leadership Academy part of?
T.h.e Leadership Academy is part of Vista Unified School District.
Review T.h.e Leadership Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Public Schools Struggle to Accommodate Unaccompanied Migrant Children
Undocumented and unaccompanied migrant children, particularly among Hispanic populations, are rapidly increasing in number, especially in the southern United States. Federal law requires public schools to provide services to all children. Yet, many schools are struggling to accommodate this new wave of potential students who come to them without parents or guardians, while some municipalities are flat out refusing to accommodate these children.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
March 06, 2023Have Smartphones Ruined Public Education?
I used to think that students having smartphones in school was a bad thing. Not any more. Here are my reasons why.