Taft High School
Taft High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Taft High School's student population of 318 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||318 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Taft High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#7580 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Taft Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Taft Taft J High School Grades: 6-8 | 235 students
1150 Gregory St
Taft, TX 78390
(361) 528-2636 0.2 6-8 235
- Stephenville Shoreline Academy Grades: 7-12 | 48 students
1220 Gregory St
Stephenville, TX 76401
(361) 528-3959 0.8 7-12 48
- Taft Woodroe Petty Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 557 students
401 Peach Streeet
Taft, TX 78390
(361) 528-2636 0.8 PK-5 557
- Portland Gregory-portland J High School Grades: 6-8 | 1,083 student
4600 Wildcat Dr
Portland, TX 78374
(361) 777-4042 7.1 6-8 1,083
The recent Atlanta cheating scandal has been rocked with another scandal: the ensuing cover-up. Learn more about the second chapter of the standardized test cheating controversy that has this Southern state shaking its head.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about the Montessori Method, the growing number of Montessori charter schools, and why parents are considering this individualized approach to education.