Tarrant High School
- Tarrant High School's student population of 472 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||472 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tarrant High School's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1148 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tarrant City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham City Elementary School Grades: 7-8
901 9th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35202
(205)808-0001 0.6 7-8 n/a
- Birmingham Inglenook School Grades: PK-8 | 414 students
4120 Inglenook Street
Birmingham, AL 35217
(205)231-3310 0.6 PK-8 414
- Birmingham Tarrant Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 338 students
1269 Portland St
Birmingham, AL 35217
(205)841-7541 0.6 PK-2 338
- Birmingham Hudson K-eight School Grades: PK-8 | 717 students
3300 F. L. Shuttlesworth Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35207
(205)231-3000 1.9 PK-8 717
The educators are just uninterested, there are few extracurricular activities, and the students run the halls like wild animals.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - allen
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.