Tekoa Academy Of Accelerated Studies
Tekoa Academy Of Accelerated Studies serves 53 students in grades 6-8.
Tekoa Academy Of Accelerated Studies placed in the top 20% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-79% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-59% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Texas state level of 14:1.
- School Type: Charter School
- Grades: 6-8
- Students: 53 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in TX
- Math Proficiency: 70-79% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-59% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Tekoa Academy Of Accelerated Studies's student population of 53 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
The teacher population of 3 teachers has declined by 40% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Tekoa Academy Of Accelerated Studies is ranked within the top 20% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Tekoa Academy Of Accelerated Studies is 0.20, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#1246 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (17-18)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Profile last updated: 02/24/2022
Review Tekoa Academy Of Accelerated Studies. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.