Unicoi County School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Unicoi County School District serving 2,366 students in Erwin, Tennessee.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Tennessee state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Unicoi County School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Erwin Love Chapel Elementary School600 S. Mohawk Dr
Erwin, TN 37650
Grades: K-5 | 334 students
- Erwin Rock Creek Elementary School1121 E Erwin Rd
Erwin, TN 37650
Grades: K-5 | 191 students
- Erwin Unicoi Co Middle School600 South Mohawk Dr
Erwin, TN 37650
Grades: 6-8 | 570 students
- Unicoi Unicoi Elementary School404 Massachusetts Av
Unicoi, TN 37692
Grades: PK-5 | 373 students
|School District Name||Unicoi County School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,366 students|
|# of Teachers||156 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||1,239 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,127 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||275 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||8 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||2,065 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||78|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||148|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||137|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||140|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||165|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||176|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||155|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||202|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||187|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||181|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||201|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||205|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||193|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||198|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Unicoi County School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 129 school districts in Tennessee (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,167 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,897. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,990 is higher than the state average of $8,572. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|Total Revenue||$22 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$29 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,167||$8,897|
|Spending / Student||$10,990||$8,572|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.