Tesfa International School
Tesfa International School places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Tesfa International School's student population of 161 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 54% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tesfa International School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 32:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1768 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tesfa International School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Avalon School Grades: 9-12 | 171 students
700 Glendale St
Saint Paul, MN 55114
(651)649-5495 0.0 9-12 171
- Saint Paul Twin Cities German Immersion Chrtr Grades: K-8 | 559 students
1031 Como Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55103
(651)492-7106 0.0 K-8 559
- Saint Paul Dugsi Academy Grades: K-8 | 259 students
1091 Snelling Avenue North
Saint Paul, MN 55108
(651)642-0667 0.1 K-8 259
- Saint Paul A. G. A. P. E. Teen Parent Grades: 5-12 | 62 students
1037 University Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55104
(651)744-7970 0.3 5-12 62
- Saint Paul Focus Beyond Grades: 9-12 | 201 students
340 Colborne St
Saint Paul, MN 55102
(651)293-5997 0.3 9-12 201
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
A new bill in the Arizona State Senate could criminalize teachers who use inappropriate language in the classroom. We’ll take a look at both sides of the debate.