- Avalon School's student population of 157 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Avalon School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#876 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Avalon School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Tesfa International School Grades: K-6 | 124 students
1745 University Avenue West
Saint Paul, MN 55104
(651)717-4844 0.0 K-6 124
- Saint Paul Twin Cities German Immersion Chrtr Grades: K-8 | 520 students
1031 Como Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55103
(651)492-7106 0.0 K-8 520
- Saint Paul Dugsi Academy Grades: K-8 | 295 students
1091 Snelling Avenue North
Saint Paul, MN 55108
(651)642-0667 0.1 K-8 295
- Saint Paul A. G. A. P. E. Teen Parent Grades: 5-12 | 77 students
1037 University Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55104
(651)228-7746 0.3 5-12 77
- Saint Paul Focus Beyond Grades: 9-12 | 209 students
340 Colborne St
Saint Paul, MN 55102
(651)293-5997 0.3 9-12 209
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.