Big Springs Charter School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Big Springs Charter School District serving 204 students in Leakey, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 59% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Big Springs Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||204 students|
|# of Teachers||24 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
|# of Male Students||101 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||103 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||98 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||20 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||83 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||3|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||11|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Big Springs Charter School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 60-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $19,352 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has grown by 12% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $19,194 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 12% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$19,352||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$19,194||$11,097|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.