Lake Travis Independent School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 top public middle schools in Lake Travis Independent School District, serving 2,443 students.
- Public middle school in Lake Travis Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 95% (versus Texas public middle school average of 77%), and reading proficiency score of 93% (versus 74% Texas statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the top 5% of public middle schools in Texas.
- The middle school with highest math proficiency is Lake Travis Middle School, with 95% math proficiency. Read more about public middle school math proficiency statistics in Texas or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The middle school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is Hudson Bend Middle School, with 93% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public middle school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Texas or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body (majority Hispanic) , which is less than the Texas public middle school average of 71% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the Texas public middle school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Lake Travis Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.ltisdschools.org|
|School District Phone Number||(512)533-6000|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||2,615 Schools|
|# of Students||2,443 Students||1,305,006 Students|
|# of Teachers||139 Teachers||89,099 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
- Lake Travis Independent School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,152 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 96% has increased from 94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||7 Students||4,636 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||131 Students||54,086 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||451 Students||681,799 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||25 Students||162,355 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,716 Students||373,786 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||1,641 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||111 Students||26,514 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||9,617|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||13,366|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||13,849|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||14,435|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||15,402|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||15,904|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||25,669|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||848||304,971|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||781||397,494|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||814||393,895|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||32,887|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||25,847|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||22,157|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||19,513|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,794 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,752 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$108 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$107 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,794||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$13,752||$11,097|
Lake Travis Independent School District Public Middle Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | TX School Rank)
- Austin Hudson Bend Middle School 15600 Lariat Trl
Austin, TX 78738
Grades: 6-8 | 1180 students
- Spicewood Lake Travis Middle School 4932 Bee Creek Rd
Spicewood, TX 78669
Grades: 6-8 | 1263 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.