Lake Travis Independent School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public high school in Lake Travis Independent School District, serving 3,080 students.
- Public high school in Lake Travis Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 91% (versus the Texas public high school average of 76%), and reading proficiency score of 88% (versus the 64% statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the top 5% of public high schools in Texas.
- public high school in Lake Travis Independent School District have a Graduation Rate of 96%, which is more than the Texas average of 90%.
- Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public high school average of 71% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the Texas public high school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Lake Travis Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.ltisdschools.org|
|School District Phone Number||(512)533-6000|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||1 School||2,506 Schools|
|# of Students||3,080 Students||1,762,415 Students|
|# of Teachers||161 Teachers||119,344 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||15:1|
- Lake Travis Independent School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,091 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 96% has increased from 94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||8 Students||6,639 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||187 Students||75,707 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||606 Students||906,639 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||43 Students||221,800 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,104 Students||514,278 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 Students||2,634 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||128 Students||34,718 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||5,268|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||6,682|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||6,775|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||7,056|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||7,623|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||7,908|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||9,071|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||44,012|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||59,383|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||60,659|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||897||433,436|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||778||397,442|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||726||371,952|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||679||345,148|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,794 is higher than the state average of $10,361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,752 is higher than the state average of $10,634. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$108 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$107 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,794||$10,361|
|Spending / Student||$13,752||$10,634|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.