Loop Independent School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Loop Independent School District, serving 155 students.
- Public school in Loop Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 72% (versus the Texas public school average of 78%), and reading proficiency score of 67% (versus the 72% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the Texas public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Loop Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.loopisd.net|
|School District Phone Number||(806)487-6412|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||1 School||8,947 Schools|
|# of Students||155 Students||5,398,246 Students|
|# of Teachers||17 Teachers||355,401 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
- Loop Independent School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,195 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||20,590 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||235,500 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||68 Students||2,826,531 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||680,292 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||87 Students||1,504,856 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||8,027 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||122,450 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||9||254,767|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||16||371,437|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||11||388,455|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||11||394,227|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||11||409,796|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||13||413,679|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||19||414,261|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||10||402,503|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||13||402,496|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||10||398,647|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||7||433,436|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||9||397,442|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||6||371,952|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||10||345,148|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $50,804 is higher than the state average of $10,361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $55,723 is higher than the state average of $10,634. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$50,804||$10,361|
|Spending / Student||$55,723||$10,634|
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.