San Marcos CISD School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public preschool in San Marcos CISD School District, serving 433 students. public preschool in San Marcos CISD School District have a diversity score of 0.29, which is less than the Texas public preschool average of 0.62.
- Minority enrollment is 89% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas public preschool average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is more than the Texas public preschool average of 15:1.
|School District Name||San Marcos CISD School District|
|School District Website||http://www.smcisd.net|
|School District Phone Number||(512) 393-6744|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||1 School||3,939 Schools|
|# of Students||433 Students||2,131,715 Students|
|# of Teachers||22 Teachers||138,235 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||15:1|
- The school district's graduation rate of 87% has increased from 83% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1007 out of 1200 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||8,105 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 Students||84,057 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||363 Students||1,168,959 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||13 Students||264,397 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||46 Students||551,458 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||3,256 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 Students||51,483 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||433||254,767|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||310,726|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||311,881|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||307,951|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||308,644|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||304,387|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||261,639|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||31,738|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||9,280|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||8,437|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||6,026|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||5,607|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||5,208|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||5,424|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,758 in this school district is less than the state median of $12,556. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,246 is less than the state median of $12,335. The school district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$96 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$84 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,758||$12,556|
|Revenue / Student||$10,246||$12,335|
San Marcos CISD School District Public Preschools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Bonham Pre-k School1225 Hwy 123
San Marcos, TX 78667
Grades: PK | 433 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.