South Texas Isd School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by South Texas Isd School District serving 3,848 students in San Benito, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 94% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
South Texas Isd School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- San Benito Rising Scholars Academy Of South Texas151 S Helen Moore Rd
San Benito, TX 78586
Grades: 7-8 | 448 students
- Mercedes The Science Academy Of South Texas900 Med High Dr
Mercedes, TX 78570
Grades: 9-12 | 735 students
- Olmito South Texas Academy For Medical Professions10650 N Expy 77 83
Olmito, TX 78575
Grades: 9-12 | 754 students
- Edinburg South Texas Business Education & Technology Academ510 S Sugar Rd
Edinburg, TX 78539
Grades: 9-12 | 634 students
- Mercedes South Texas H S For Health Professions700 Med High Dr
Mercedes, TX 78570
Grades: 9-12 | 710 students
- Edinburg South Texas Preparatory Academy724 Sugar Rd
Edinburg, TX 78539
Grades: 7-8 | 567 students
|School District Name||South Texas Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,848 students|
|# of Teachers||297 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||1,761 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,087 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||361 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||3,205 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||37 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||212 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||32 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||503|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||512|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||843|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||759|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||670|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||561|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- South Texas Isd School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 99% has increased from 97% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,546 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,885 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$49 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$40 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,546||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$11,885||$11,097|
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.