Westbrook Independent School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Westbrook Independent School District, serving 251 students.
- Public school in Westbrook Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 72% (versus the Texas public school average of 78%), and reading proficiency score of 72% (versus the 72% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 37% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the Texas public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Westbrook Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.westbrookisd.com|
|School District Phone Number||(325)644-2971|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||1 School||8,947 Schools|
|# of Students||251 Students||5,398,246 Students|
|# of Teachers||24 Teachers||355,401 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
- Westbrook Independent School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,195 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||20,590 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||235,500 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||86 Students||2,826,531 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 Students||680,292 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||157 Students||1,504,856 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||8,027 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||122,450 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||13||254,767|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||14||371,437|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||16||388,455|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||14||394,227|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||14||409,796|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||21||413,679|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||19||414,261|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||26||402,503|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||19||402,496|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||23||398,647|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||20||433,436|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||17||397,442|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||19||371,952|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||16||345,148|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $30,132 is higher than the state average of $10,361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $27,694 is higher than the state average of $10,634. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$30,132||$10,361|
|Spending / Student||$27,694||$10,634|
Westbrook Independent School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Westbrook School 102 Bertner
Westbrook, TX 79565
Grades: PK-12 | 251 students
Although Chicago public schools opened for the start of the 2012 - 2013 school year, a possible teacher's strike may grind the entire district to a halt just a week later. Stay abreast of the negotiations and the backup plans the district has made to keep schools open, even without teachers on campus.
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.