Thompson K-8 International Academy
Thompson K-8 International Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Thompson K-8 International Academy's student population of 637 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||637 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Thompson K-8 International Academy's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#2710 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Southfield Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak Park Norup International School Grades: K-12 | 769 students
14450 Manhattan St
Oak Park, MI 48237
(248)837-8300 1.0 K-12 769
- Southfield Kennedy Learning Center Grades: K-12 | 14 students
16229 Mt. Vernon
Southfield, MI 48075
(248)746-7715 1.2 K-12 14
- Southfield Morris Adler Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 425 students
19100 Filmore St
Southfield, MI 48075
(248)746-8870 1.2 K-5 425
- Berkley Anderson Middle School Grades: 6-12 | 588 students
3205 Catalpa Dr
Berkley, MI 48072
(248)837-8200 1.3 6-12 588
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.