Norup International School
Norup International School places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Norup International School's student population of 769 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||769 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Norup International School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#476 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Berkley School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkley Anderson Middle School Grades: 6-12 | 588 students
3205 Catalpa Dr
Berkley, MI 48072
(248)837-8200 0.9 6-12 588
- Huntington Woods Burton Elementary School Grades: K-12 | 492 students
26315 Scotia Rd
Huntington Woods, MI 48070
(248)837-8600 0.9 K-12 492
- Southfield Thompson K-8 International Academy Grades: K-8 | 637 students
16300 Lincoln Drive
Southfield, MI 48076
(248)746-7400 1.0 K-8 637
- Berkley Berkley High School Grades: 9-12 | 1338 students
2325 Catalpa Dr
Berkley, MI 48072
(248)837-8100 1.1 9-12 1338
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.