Tioga High School serves 65 students in grades 9-12.
Tioga High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the California state level of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 79% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 65 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 18%
- Graduation Rate: ≥80% (Btm 50% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30%
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Tioga High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Tioga High School's student population of 65 students has grown by 25% over five school years.
The teacher population of 5 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Tioga High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Tioga High School is 0.32, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#840 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Tioga High School's ranking?
Tioga High School is ranked #840 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in California.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Tioga High School?
The graduation rate of Tioga High School is 80%, which is lower than the California state average of 84%.
How many students attend Tioga High School?
65 students attend Tioga High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
82% of Tioga High School students are White, 8% of students are Hispanic, 6% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Tioga High School?
Tioga High School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the California state average of 21:1.
What grades does Tioga High School offer ?
Tioga High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Tioga High School part of?
Tioga High School is part of Big Oak Flat-Groveland Unified School District.
Review Tioga High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
What is Race to the Top and How will it Benefit Public Schools?
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Massachusetts: A High School Run by Students?
We explore a new concept in on Massachusetts high school, where students choose their curriculum, homework assignments and classroom structure.
Texas Schools: Enrollment Skyrockets
Fueled by immigration of Hispanics to Texas, the state’s school system continues to grow at a frenetic pace, with a current enrollment of more than five million students. In this article, we dig into the numbers to examine how the Texas school system is changing, and what these changes mean for the future.