Tonica Grade School
- Tonica Grade School's student population of 200 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tonica Grade School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1927 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tonica CCSD 79 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oglesby Lincoln Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 411 students
212 W Walnut St
Oglesby, IL 61348
(815)883-3517 5.2 PK-5 411
- Lostant Lostant Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 71 students
Po Box 320
Lostant, IL 61334
(815)368-3392 5.5 K-8 71
- Ottawa Deer Park C C Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 97 students
2350 E 1025th Rd
Ottawa, IL 61350
(815)434-6930 5.8 PK-8 97
- La Salle La Salle-peru Township High School Grades: 9-12 | 1219 students
541 Chartres St
La Salle, IL 61301
(815)223-1721 8.1 9-12 1219
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.