Torrance Elementary School
- Torrance Elementary School's student population of 517 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||517 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Torrance Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has decreased from 29:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#4857 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Torrance Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Torrance Gene Drevno Community Day Grades: 7-12 | 22 students
2291 W. Washington Ave.
Torrance, CA 90509
(310)972-6962 0.2 7-12 22
- Torrance Shery (kurt T.) High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 144 students
2600 Vine St.
Torrance, CA 90501
(310)533-4440 0.2 9-12 144
- Torrance Southern California Roc Grades: 10-12
2300 Crenshaw Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501
(310)224-4220 0.5 10-12 n/a
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.