Trenton Elementary School
Trenton Elementary School serves 206 students in grades Prekindergarten-3.
Trenton Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 50-59% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 40-49% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year.
Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Illinois state average of 53% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-3
- Students: 206 students
- Minority Enrollment: 10%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in IL
- Math Proficiency: 50-59% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 40-49% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IL Dept. of Education
Trenton Elementary School's student population of 206 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Trenton Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,655 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Trenton Elementary School is 0.19, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (IL)
Overall Testing Rank
#767 out of 3655 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IL Dept. of Education
Review Trenton Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.