Twain Elementary School
Twain Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Twain Elementary School's student population of 881 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||881 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Twain Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#798 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Houston Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellaire Horn Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 847 students
4530 Holly St
Bellaire, TX 77401
(713)295-5264 0.9 PK-5 847
- Houston Rice School /la Escuela Rice Grades: K-8 | 1145 students
7550 Seuss Dr
Houston, TX 77025
(713)349-1800 1.1 K-8 1145
- Houston West University Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1283 students
3756 University Blvd
Houston, TX 77005
(713)295-5215 1.2 PK-5 1283
Special education law is not easy to decipher, with several regulations that govern special education services for disabled students. In this article, learn about the core components of the laws, rights, and individual education plans that can help create the best public school environment for your child.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.