Union Elementary School
- Union Elementary School's student population of 141 students has grown by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Union Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 523 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#253 out of 523 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||RSU 40/MSAD 40 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Union Appleton Village School Grades: K-8 | 137 students
737 Union Street, N/a
Union, ME 04862
(207) 785-4504 4.4 K-8 137
- Washington Prescott Memorial School Grades: K-6 | 101 students
100 Waldoboro Road
Washington, ME 04574
(207) 845-2424 4.8 K-6 101
- Jefferson Jefferson Village School Grades: K-8 | 200 students
48 Washington Road
Jefferson, ME 04348
(207) 549-7491 6.2 K-8 200
- Waldoboro Medomak Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 271 students
318 Manktown Road
Waldoboro, ME 04572
(207) 832-5028 6.4 7-8 271
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.