Mountain Heights Academy School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Mountain Heights Academy School District serving 621 students in West Jordan, Utah.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Utah state average of 25%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 28:1 is more than the state average of 23:1.
Mountain Heights Academy School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- West Jordan Mountain Heights Academy 9067 S 1300 W Suite 204
West Jordan, UT 84088
Grades: 7-12 | 621 students
|School District Name||Mountain Heights Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||621 students|
|# of Teachers||22 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1|
|# of Male Students||234 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||387 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||36 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||546 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||27 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||52|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||130|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||115|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||105|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Mountain Heights Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 140 school districts in Utah (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-74% has decreased from PS% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (UT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $2,951 in this school district is less than the state average of $5,599. The school district revenue/student has grown by 25% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $2,955 is less than the state average of $6,122. The school district spending/student has grown by 25% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (UT)|
|Total Revenue||$844,000||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$2,951||$5,599|
|Spending / Student||$2,955||$6,122|
Increasing birth rates among immigrant families from Asia and Central and South America, combined with lower birth rates among white families, means that for the first time in history, public school students in the United States are majority-minority. This shift in demographics poses difficulties for schools as they work to accommodate children of varying language abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.