Valleyview Elementary School
Valleyview Elementary School serves 725 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Valleyview Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Florida for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 84% (which is higher than the Florida state average of 59%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 75% (which is higher than the Florida state average of 56%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Florida state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the Florida state average of 62% (majority Hispanic).
Valleyview Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Valleyview Elementary School's student population of 725 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
The teacher population of 47 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Valleyview Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,628 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Valleyview Elementary School is 0.63, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (FL)
Overall Testing Rank
#343 out of 3628 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, FL Dept. of Education
Review Valleyview Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
27 Parenting Tips for School Success
From managing homework to avoiding helicopter parenting, this article provides 27 insightful tips for parents to help their children succeed academically.
Safety First: School Bus Safety Week Focuses on Keeping Students Safe on the Road
Learn about what schools have planned for school bus safety week, as well as problems school bus drivers commonly face while transporting students to and from school.
Chicagoans Asked to Pay More Taxes to Support Local Schools
Learn about the recent decision by Mayor Emanuel to raise property taxes to provide additional funding for local schools – and the controversy surrounding his decision.