Vernon Schrade Middle School
Vernon Schrade Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Vernon Schrade Middle School's student population of 1,012 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,012 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vernon Schrade Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#3090 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Garland Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rowlett Steadham Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 538 students
6200 Danridge Rd
Rowlett, TX 75089
(972)463-5887 0.2 PK-5 538
- Rowlett Nita Pearson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 657 students
5201 Nita Pearson Dr
Rowlett, TX 75088
(972)463-7568 0.9 PK-5 657
- Rowlett Keeley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 663 students
8700 Liberty Grove Rd
Rowlett, TX 75089
(972)412-2140 1.2 PK-5 663
- Houston Harmony School Of Business - Dallas Grades: K-12 | 916 students
8080 W President George Bush H
Houston, TX 77099
(214)321-0100 1.5 K-12 916
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.