Nita Pearson Elementary School
- Nita Pearson Elementary School's student population of 677 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||677 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Nita Pearson Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 7,953 schools in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1862 out of 7953 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Garland Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rowlett Steadham Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 524 students
6200 Danridge Rd
Rowlett, TX 75089
(972)463-5887 0.7 PK-5 524
- Rowlett Vernon Schrade Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1034 students
6201 Danridge Rd
Rowlett, TX 75089
(972)463-8790 0.9 6-8 1034
- Rowlett Herfurth Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 374 students
7500 Miller Rd
Rowlett, TX 75088
(972)475-7994 1.2 PK-5 374
- Houston Harmony School Of Business - Dallas Grades: 6-12 | 381 students
8080 W President George Bush H
Houston, TX 77099
(214)321-0100 1.7 6-12 381
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.