Vinton Elementary School
- Vinton Elementary School's student population of 516 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||516 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vinton Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#628 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Calcasieu Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vinton Vinton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 229 students
900 Horridge Street
Vinton, LA 70668
(337)217-4720 0.2 6-8 229
- Vinton Vinton High School Grades: 8-12 | 278 students
1603 Grace Street
Vinton, LA 70668
(337)217-4400 0.8 8-12 278
- Starks Starks High School Grades: PK-12 | 344 students
137 Highway 10p S
Starks, LA 70661
(337)217-4820 9.8 PK-12 344
- Orange Lit Cypr-mrceville High School Grades: 9-12 | 1044 students
7327 N Hwy 87
Orange, TX 77632
(409)886-5821 10.5 9-12 1044
- Orange M B North E C Lrn Center Grades: PK | 269 students
Orange, TX 77631
(409)882-5434 10.9 PK 269
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.