Charlotte County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Charlotte County School District serving 1,941 students in Saxe, Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Charlotte County School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Saxe Bacon District Elementary School840 Bacon School Rd
Saxe, VA 23967
Grades: PK-5 | 211 students
- Charlotte Court House Central Middle School250 Statesman Dr
Charlotte Court House, VA 23923
Grades: 6-8 | 414 students
- Keysville Eureka Elementary School315 Eureka School Rd
Keysville, VA 23947
Grades: PK-5 | 492 students
- Phenix Phenix Elementary School400 Red House Road
Phenix, VA 23959
Grades: PK-5 | 254 students
- Charlotte Court House Randolph-henry High School755 David Bruce Ave
Charlotte Court House, VA 23923
Grades: 9-12 | 570 students
|School District Name||Charlotte County School District|
|# of Schools||5|
|# of Students||1,941|
|# of Teachers||135|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14|
|# of Male Students||982|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||959|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||43|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||603|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,196|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||89|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||96|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||140|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||155|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||151|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||126|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||137|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||152|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||162|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||123|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||148|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||163|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||143|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||116|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Charlotte County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 134 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,528 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,628. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,884 is less than the state average of $11,792. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$24 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$42 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,528||$11,628|
|Spending / Student||$10,884||$11,792|
The American public school system is by no means perfect, but is it completely broken? Keep reading to learn about some of the top issues affecting the public school system.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.