Southampton Co Pblc Schs School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 7 public schools managed by Southampton Co Pblc Schs School District serving 2,750 students in Capron, Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Southampton Co Pblc Schs School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Capron Capron Elementary School18414 Southampton Pky
Capron, VA 23829
Grades: PK-5 | 182 students
- Franklin Fresh Start Center 23190 Sedley Road
Franklin, VA 23851
Grades: n/a | n/a students
- Newsoms Meherrin Elementary School28600 Grays Shop Rd.
Newsoms, VA 23874
Grades: PK-5 | 309 students
- Sedley Nottoway Elementary School13093 Ivor Rd.
Sedley, VA 23878
Grades: PK-5 | 308 students
- Courtland Riverdale Elementary School31023 Camp Parkway
Courtland, VA 23837
Grades: PK-5 | 524 students
- Courtland Southampton High School23350 Southampton Pkwy
Courtland, VA 23837
Grades: 9-12 | 807 students
|School District Name||Southampton Co Pblc Schs School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,750 students|
|# of Teachers||173 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||1,381 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,369 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||12 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||10 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||44 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,130 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,486 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||5 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||63 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||116|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||173|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||200|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||187|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||238|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||220|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||189|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||192|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||210|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||218|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||231|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||221|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||187|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||168|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Southampton Co Pblc Schs School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 134 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,933 is higher than the state average of $11,518. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,911 is less than the state average of $11,680. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$35 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$32 MM||$42 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,933||$11,518|
|Spending / Student||$10,911||$11,680|
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.