W W Samuell High School
W W Samuell High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- W W Samuell High School's student population of 1759 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 125 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,759 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||125 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- W W Samuell High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7879 schools in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of W W Samuell High School is Dallas Independent School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Dallas Independent School District's student population of 158,586 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 87% has increased from 77% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,126 is higher than the state average of $10,811. The district revenue/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,640 is less than the state average of $11,097. The district spending/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
|School District Name||Dallas Independent School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||158,586||831|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$1,768 MM||$9 MM|
|District Spending||$1,691 MM||$9 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,126||$10,811|
|District Spending / Student||$10,640||$11,097|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Annie Webb Blanton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 612 students
8915 Greenmound Ave
Dallas, TX 75227
(972)794-1700 0.3 PK-5 612
- Dallas Inspired Vision Academy Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 549 students
8421 Bohannon Dr
Dallas, TX 75217
(214)391-7964 0.6 PK-6 549
- Dallas Nova Academy (souast) Grades: PK-6 | 271 students
8301 Bruton Rd
Dallas, TX 75217
(214)309-9030 0.6 PK-6 271
- Dallas Edward Titche Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 837 students
9560 Highfield Dr
Dallas, TX 75227
(972)794-2100 0.8 PK-5 837
The adjustment from middle school to high school can be a huge challenge for some students. We’ll offer tips for parents to help them help their kids adjust to the new school environment and academic standards.
With schools nationwide adopting common core standards, we’ll take a look at what they are, their benefits, and how they will change the face of public education.
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.