Walker Elementary School
Walker Elementary School serves 568 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Walker Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Arkansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 73% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 53% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the Arkansas state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 39% (majority Black and Hispanic).
Walker Elementary School's student population of 568 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Walker Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 998 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Walker Elementary School is 0.59, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.58. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (AR)
Overall Testing Rank
#134 out of 998 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AR Dept. of Education
Review Walker Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.