Walker Elementary School
- Walker Elementary School's student population of 409 students has declined by 24% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||409 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Walker Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 27:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#4736 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Diego Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Trace Grades: 9-12 | 419 students
2555 Camino Del Rio S., Ste. 1
San Diego, CA 92108
(619)574-1073 0.5 9-12 419
- San Diego Mira Mesa High School Grades: 9-12 | 2424 students
10510 Reagan Rd.
San Diego, CA 92126
(858)566-2262 0.8 9-12 2424
- San Diego Scripps Ranch High School Grades: 9-12 | 2182 students
10410 Treena St.
San Diego, CA 92131
(858)621-9020 0.8 9-12 2182
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.