Wallace A. Smith Elementary School
- Wallace A. Smith Elementary School's student population of 631 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||631 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wallace A. Smith Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||#7 out of 573 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hamilton County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ooltewah Hunter Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 818 students
6810 Teal La
Ooltewah, TN 37363
(423)344-1474 0.3 6-8 818
- Harrison Central High School Grades: 9-12 | 963 students
5728 Highway 58
Harrison, TN 37341
(423)344-1447 2.6 9-12 963
- Harrison Harrison Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 406 students
5637 Highway 58 North
Harrison, TN 37341
(423)344-1428 2.9 K-5 406
Nearby Homes for Sale
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.