Wallagrass Elementary School
- Wallagrass Elementary School's student population of 23 students has declined by 68% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has declined by 77% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wallagrass Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 525 schools in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#196 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Msad 27 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Kent Fort Kent Community High School Grades: 9-12 | 277 students
84 Pleasant St ?
Fort Kent, ME 04743
(207)834-5540 6.2 9-12 277
- Fort Kent Fort Kent Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 429 students
108 Pleasant St
Fort Kent, ME 04743
(207)834-3456 6.2 PK-6 429
- Eagle Lake Eagle Lake Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 27 students
24 School St
Eagle Lake, ME 04739
(207)444-5213 8.0 PK-2 27
- Frenchville Dr Levesque Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 126 students
443 Us Rte 1
Frenchville, ME 04745
(207)543-7302 10.7 PK-6 126
- Madawaska Madawaska Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 215 students
353 Eleventh Ave
Madawaska, ME 04756
(207)728-3635 16.6 PK-6 215
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.