Walt Disney Elementary School
Walt Disney Elementary School serves 529 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Walt Disney Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75% (which is higher than the California state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 73% (which is higher than the California state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is higher than the California state level of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 57% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the California state average of 77% (majority Hispanic).
Walt Disney Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Walt Disney Elementary School's student population of 529 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Walt Disney Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9,659 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Walt Disney Elementary School is 0.68, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#836 out of 9659 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CA Dept. of Education
Review Walt Disney Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Urban Public Schools Come to the Rescue of Black Boys
Public schools across the nation are implementing programs that help keep young black men in school and off the streets. Boosting graduation rates, reducing gang involvement and violence, and providing positive male role models are just a few of the common elements of these programs. Yet, the achievement gap between black boys and other peer groups remains extremely wide.
Back to School Means Renewed Debate Over Later Start Times for Students
With back to school just around the corner, the debate over when to start and end school has revved up once again.
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.