Walter Schneckenburger Elementary School
- Walter Schneckenburger Elementary School's student population of 439 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||439 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Walter Schneckenburger Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#396 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kenner Greenlawn Terrace Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 532 students
1500 38th Street
Kenner, LA 70065
(504)468-1016 0.7 PK-5 532
- Kenner Bonnabel Magnet Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 1289 students
2801 Bruin Drive
Kenner, LA 70065
(504)443-4565 0.9 9-12 1289
- Metairie Bissonet Plaza Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 633 students
6818 Kawanee Avenue
Metairie, LA 70003
(504)887-0470 1.2 PK-5 633
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.