Cusick School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Cusick School District, serving 252 students. Cusick School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Washington.
- Public schools in Cusick School District have an average math proficiency score of 21% (versus the Washington public school average of 51%), and reading proficiency score of 45% (versus the 61% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 2/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Washington public school average of 46% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the Washington public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Cusick School District|
|School District Phone Number||(509) 445-1125|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||2,435 Schools|
|# of Students||252 Students||1,112,443 Students|
|# of Teachers||16 Teachers||60,269 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
- Cusick School District, which is ranked within the1/, bottom 50% of all 305 school districts in Washington (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||52 Students||15,622 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||85,396 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||17 Students||257,984 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||48,441 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||155 Students||603,896 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||12,141 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||27 Students||88,955 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||1||15,754|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||7||81,113|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||14||83,002|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||11||83,223|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||16||85,740|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||22||87,527|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||22||86,816|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||21||84,097|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||23||82,192|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||24||81,964|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||26||83,278|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||16||82,294|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||25||83,363|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||24||92,080|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,435 in this school district is less than the state average of 15382. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,866 is less than the state average of $13,509. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,435||15382|
|Spending / Student||$12,866||13509|
Cusick School District Public Schools (2020-21)
The city of New York has announced they are bringing back mandatory sex-ed courses for the first time in 20 years, in light of skyrocketing teen pregnancy rates far above the national average.
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
How well do your state’s schools compare against the rest of the country? With the standard nationalization movement gaining steam, we may soon be able to compare apples to apples.