Watt Hardison Elementary School
Watt Hardison Elementary School serves 427 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Watt Hardison Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Tennessee for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 53% (which is higher than the Tennessee state average of 39%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 38% (which is higher than the Tennessee state average of 35%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Tennessee state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Tennessee state average of 37% (majority Black).
Watt Hardison Elementary School's student population of 427 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Watt Hardison Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,705 schools in Tennessee (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Watt Hardison Elementary School is 0.19, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TN)
Overall Testing Rank
#363 out of 1705 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TN Dept. of Education
Review Watt Hardison Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students