Wellington Elementary School
Wellington Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Wellington Elementary School's student population of 728 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||728 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wellington Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall School Rank||#103 out of 1,251 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fayette County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lexington Stonewall Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 734 students
3215 Cornwall Dr
Lexington, KY 40503
(859)381-3079 0.7 PK-5 734
- Lexington Lansdowne Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 657 students
336 Redding Rd
Lexington, KY 40517
(859)381-3500 1.9 K-5 657
- Lexington Southern Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 572 students
340 Wilson Downing Rd
Lexington, KY 40517
(859)381-3589 2.0 PK-5 572
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.