Wellsville Middle School
- Wellsville Middle School's student population of 173 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||173 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wellsville Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#655 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wellsville School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wellsville Wellsville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 378 students
218 Ash Street
Wellsville, KS 66092
(785) 883-2996 0.4 PK-5 378
- Edgerton Edgerton Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 181 students
400 W Nelson
Edgerton, KS 66021
(913) 856-3500 4.9 PK-4 181
- Baldwin City Baldwin Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 313 students
Baldwin City, KS 66006
(785) 594-2448 7.1 6-8 313
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.