Wellton Elementary School
- Wellton Elementary School's student population of 215 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wellton Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,897 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1039 out of 1897 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wellton Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wellton Antelope Union High School Grades: 9-12 | 195 students
9168 South Ave 36 East
Wellton, AZ 85356
(928)785-4041 7.0 9-12 195
- Wellton Auhs Online Acadamy Grades: 9-12 | 25 students
9168 S. Ave 36e
Wellton, AZ 85356
(928)785-4041 7.0 9-12 25
- Yuma Stedy- Antelope High School Satellite Grades: 9-12
9168 South Avenue 36e
Yuma, AZ 85364
(928)373-1182 7.0 9-12 n/a
- Roll Mohawk Valley School Grades: PK-8 | 165 students
5151 S. Avenue 39e
Roll, AZ 85347
(928)785-4942 11.4 PK-8 165
- Yuma James D Price School Grades: PK-5 | 80 students
1010 Barranca Road Yuma Provi
Yuma, AZ 85365
(928)329-4279 18.7 PK-5 80
A new bill in the Arizona State Senate could criminalize teachers who use inappropriate language in the classroom. We’ll take a look at both sides of the debate.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.