West Lafayette Jr/sr High School
West Lafayette Jr/sr High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- West Lafayette Jr/sr High School's student population of 1,117 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 67 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2003)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||1,117 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||67 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Lafayette Jr/sr High School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#116 out of 1,767 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Lafayette Com Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Lafayette Happy Hollow Elementary School Grades: 4-6 | 539 students
1200 N Salisbury
West Lafayette, IN 47906
(765)746-0500 0.3 4-6 539
- Lafayette New Community School Grades: K-8 | 149 students
1904 Elmwood Ave
Lafayette, IN 47904
(765)420-9617 1.5 K-8 149
- Lafayette Excel Center - Lafayette Grades: 11-12 | 319 students
615 N 18th St 2nd Floor
Lafayette, IN 47904
(317)524-3641 2.0 11-12 319
- Lafayette Thomas Miller Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 340 students
700 S 4th St
Lafayette, IN 47905
(765)476-2930 2.0 K-4 340
Amazing teachers. Lots of AP courses offered. Students are Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, etc bound. Outstanding music, athletics, art, debate, science fair, etc. You will not regret moving to West Lafayette. With Purdue next door, opportunities are endless.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - melis
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.