West Lafayette Jr/sr High School
West Lafayette Jr/sr High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 10%)
- West Lafayette Jr/sr High School's student population of 1,129 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2003)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||1,129 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Lafayette Jr/sr High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#173 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Lafayette Com School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Lafayette Happy Hollow Elementary School Grades: 4-6 | 538 students
1200 N Salisbury
West Lafayette, IN 47906
(765) 746-0500 0.3 4-6 538
- Lafayette Excel Center - Lafayette Grades: 10-12 | 299 students
615 N 18th St 2nd Floor
Lafayette, IN 47904
(317) 524-3641 2.0 10-12 299
- Lafayette Thomas Miller Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 407 students
700 S 4th St
Lafayette, IN 47905
(765) 476-2930 2.0 K-4 407
Amazing teachers. Lots of AP courses offered. Students are Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, etc bound. Outstanding music, athletics, art, debate, science fair, etc. You will not regret moving to West Lafayette. With Purdue next door, opportunities are endless.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - melis
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.