8045 N. 47th Ave.
Glendale, AZ 85302
Rating
8/
10
Top 30%
West-mec - Apollo High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 68% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 51% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.

Top Rankings

West-mec - Apollo High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:

Category
Attribute

School Overview

Grades Offered
Grades 9-12
Total Students (15-16)
4 students
This chart display total students of West-mec - Apollo High School by year, with the latest 2015-16 school year data.
Total Classroom Teachers
n/a

School Rankings

West-mec - Apollo High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,120 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
This School
State Level (AZ)
Overall Testing Rank
#492 out of 2120 schools
(Top 30%)
This chart display the overall school rank of West-mec - Apollo High School, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
68%
45%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of West-mec - Apollo High School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of public schools in Arizona by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
51%
45%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of West-mec - Apollo High School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Arizona by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Student : Teacher Ratio
n/a
18:1
American Indian
(15-16)
n/a
5%
Asian
(15-16)
n/a
3%
Hispanic
(15-16)
50%
45%
This chart display the percentage of Hispanic students in West-mec - Apollo High School and the percentage of Hispanic public school students in Arizona by year, with the latest 2015-16 school year data.
Black
(15-16)
50%
5%
This chart display the percentage of Black students in West-mec - Apollo High School and the percentage of Black public school students in Arizona by year, with the latest 2015-16 school year data.
White
(15-16)
n/a
39%
This chart display the percentage of White students in West-mec - Apollo High School and the percentage of White public school students in Arizona by year, with the latest 2008-09 school year data.
Hawaiian
(15-16)
n/a
n/a
Two or more races
(15-16)
n/a
3%
Diversity Score
n/a
This chart display the diversity score of West-mec - Apollo High School and the public school average diversity score of Arizona by year, with the latest 2015-16 school year data.
Graduation Rate
<50%
78%
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AZ Dept. of Education

School Reviews

Review West-mec - Apollo High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Rate this school:

Nearby Homes for Sale

Recent Articles

27 Parenting Tips for School Success
From managing homework to avoiding helicopter parenting, this article provides 27 insightful tips for parents to help their children succeed academically.
Safety First: School Bus Safety Week Focuses on Keeping Students Safe on the Road
Safety First: School Bus Safety Week Focuses on Keeping Students Safe on the Road
Learn about what schools have planned for school bus safety week, as well as problems school bus drivers commonly face while transporting students to and from school.
Chicagoans Asked to Pay More Taxes to Support Local Schools
Chicagoans Asked to Pay More Taxes to Support Local Schools
Learn about the recent decision by Mayor Emanuel to raise property taxes to provide additional funding for local schools – and the controversy surrounding his decision.

Quick Stats (2022)

  • School Type: Vocational school
  • Grades: 9-12
  • Graduation Rate
    : <50% (Btm 50% in AZ)
  • Overall Testing Rank
    : Top 30%
  • Math Proficiency
    : 68% (Top 20%)
  • Reading Proficiency
    : 51% (Top 50%)

Quick Links