1750 W. Thunderbird
Phoenix, AZ 85023
Rating
9/
10
Top 20%
West-mec - Thunderbird High School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-74% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.

Top Rankings

West-mec - Thunderbird High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:

Category
Attribute

School Overview

Grades Offered
Grades 9-12
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Students (09-10)
3 students
This chart display total students of West-mec - Thunderbird High School by year, with the latest 2009-10 school year data.
Total Classroom Teachers
n/a

School Rankings

West-mec - Thunderbird High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,120 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
This School
State Level (AZ)
Overall Testing Rank
#336 out of 2120 schools
(Top 20%)
This chart display the overall school rank of West-mec - Thunderbird High School, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
70-74%
45%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of West-mec - Thunderbird High School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of public schools in Arizona by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
55-59%
45%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of West-mec - Thunderbird High School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Arizona by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Student : Teacher Ratio
n/a
18:1
American Indian
(09-10)
n/a
6%
Asian
(09-10)
n/a
3%
Hispanic
(09-10)
n/a
41%
Black
(09-10)
33%
6%
This chart display the percentage of Black students in West-mec - Thunderbird High School and the percentage of Black public school students in Arizona by year, with the latest 2009-10 school year data.
White
(09-10)
67%
44%
This chart display the percentage of White students in West-mec - Thunderbird High School and the percentage of White public school students in Arizona by year, with the latest 2009-10 school year data.
Hawaiian
(09-10)
n/a
n/a
Two or more races
(09-10)
n/a
n/a
Diversity Score
n/a
This chart display the diversity score of West-mec - Thunderbird High School and the public school average diversity score of Arizona by year, with the latest 2009-10 school year data.
Graduation Rate
<50%
78%
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AZ Dept. of Education

School Reviews

Review West-mec - Thunderbird High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Rate this school:

Nearby Homes for Sale

Recent Articles

An Analytical Overview of Chicago Public Schools
An Analytical Overview of Chicago Public Schools
We explore the Chicago Public School system, including its history and current structure.
5 Goals of the Los Angeles Unified School District
5 Goals of the Los Angeles Unified School District
We review the five goals of the Los Angeles Unified School District and their strategies for meeting those goals.
Nearly 3 Dozen Indicted in Atlanta Public Schools Cheating Scandal
Nearly 3 Dozen Indicted in Atlanta Public Schools Cheating Scandal
We report on the indictments of 35 Atlanta educators that were found guilty of their participation in the largest public school cheating scandal in U.S. history.

Quick Stats (2022)

  • School Type: Vocational school
  • Grades: 9-12
  • Graduation Rate
    : <50% (Btm 50% in AZ)
  • Overall Testing Rank
    : Top 20%
  • Math Proficiency
    : 70-74% (Top 10%)
  • Reading Proficiency
    : 55-59% (Top 30%)

Quick Links